Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Busy Bee


 I know you must all be sad because of the lack of yesterday's post, but I was way too tired after yesterday's kouen party that I didn't have the energy to post anything and unfortunately 'sleep > you guys'. Haha, I'm just kidding...only a little.

Okay so to apologize for my lack of post yesterday, I will present you with another picture of me so that you may still remember what I look like.

 
God, I'm too sexy for my own good.


Anyhow, when I said 'kouen' partying last night, well 'kouen' is actually Japanese for park. Since alcohol is completely forbidden in the dorm (zanen - too bad), I proposed to carry the late party at the park, where a liquor store AND a beer vending machine was conveniently located. I only proposed this idea to like 5 other people, but apparently the idea was better than I thought, because all 4 seminar houses magically showed up out of nowhere - like a incredibly realistic re-enactment of the abraham plains in Quebec city during St-Jean, except no one was urinating on the walls. Wait, I think I have a picture of this somewhere, hmmm ah..



Myeaaaah, the picture didn't turn out that clear (HEY IT WAS DARK OKAY?!), but sitting on the grass is a shitload of circles of people drinking booze ranging from beer to hu-chi (some lemon-based thing, tastes kind of like smirnoff ice). Our debaucheries had to come to an end when the sensei from Seminar house 1 came storming in angrily, telling us all to go back to our dorms, seeing as our loud voices disturbed all of Osaka and maybe even Tokyo.

This morning, I reluctantly woke-up early to prepare for a huge-day of more boring paper-works and meetings and stuff. I applied for a loan to pay all my school fees, which they would then deduct out of my scholarship which I am due to receive only in October. It still baffles me the amount of bureaucracy there is in Japan, no wonder they are full of the crazies - anyone would be if subdued with this much red-tape. I also signed up for the Kyoto tour, which I'm stoked for, AND THE SPORTS FESTIVAL WHICH I WILL KICK ASS AT.

Okay let's talk about Japan's next oddity: recycling. Now I heard a lot of people say Canada was green, and I almost believed it....until I came to the country who invented what I like to call Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Recycling (or wtf for short). We had a huge confusing meeting about how the seminar has FIVE recycling bins, one for pet plastic bottles, one for plastic, one for paper, one for metal cans and one for glass. After that, there is a trash bin for all foods and wastes. Every piece of rubbish has to be taken apart with care and sorted in the right bin, or the mean tentacle raping octopus will getcha'.

After that, we actually got a meeting about sex ed. Yes, you read that right; SEX EDUCATION WITH CONDOM-KUN.

THIS IS CONDOM-KUN

 
I wish sex-education was like that back in high-school...
Anyhow, now for some bad news. First of all, Soft Bank ran out of the cheap cell-phones I wanted to buy, so I'm gonna have to wait. This sucks hard core, because I already have a couple of phone numbers that are just sitting in my dorm being useless, hmpf. Also, MY ROOMATE JUST SHOWED UP, WTF.
WHEN I FINALLY THOUGHT THAT I WOULD HAVE THE ROOM TO MYSELF, HE JUST APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE. 
Eugh...he seems okay, but I'm still pretty annoyed - so I did any angry manly man would do in this situation, and that's go out to eat good food and drink good beer. 

 
Greeted with the usual "irashaimase", we seated ourselves at a table and I pretended to look at menu and pretended I knew how to read Hiraganas and Kanjis. In the end, I just asked the waitress to bring the biggest size of beer they had "ichiban no ookii biiruu kudasai' and she said yes with a smile and bow (Ladies, do you get the hint? This is the best answer to any question) before coming back with THIS:
 
Kore wa honto shiawase (Now this is true happiness).
Anyway, in the end, I still couldn't figure out what the first item on the menu was after 20 minutes (and the beer wasn't helping much) so I just did what I usually did in other restaurant and just point at a random sentence and prayed to the Godesses that it wouldn't be sumo testicles.

Fried stuff on a stick?
This is fun, it was like playing a guessing game, only I had to eat it afterwards. One was shrimp, one was chicken, one was aspergus, one was some type of fish and the other three never was identified. Probably dragon penis or something. 
Anyway, this is pretty much the only high-points of the past 2 days. I know I know, it's not up to your expectations but this is the first week, I didn't even get my ID card and dorm gate keys yet, so don't get your panties in a bunch, things will get more interesting eventually.
I'll probably take pictures tomorrow of Kansai Gaidai's enormous campus so you can see how it's like. It's half-past midnight now, and there are only a few people left - some watching some lame movie and others dicking around on the computer (haha, see what I did there?). I'm gonna go to bed so that I can wake up tomorrow and be standing at the cellphone kiosk on campus before it opens so that I can finally get a phone.
Also tomorrow is the Opening Ceremony announcing the official erm...start of term I guess? (Even though Classes only start next Monday). It's also going to be my speaking partner, Shogo's birthday, so me and some guys are going to go to his district or city (honestly I'm kind of lost at what's what here. I'm not even sure if I'm in Osaka, Makono, Hirakata or all three), which will involve me TAKING A JAPANESE TRAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME.
So look forward to my misadventures.
Byezzzzzzzz

and also wish me good luck on my date tomorrow
 

3 comments:

  1. AAAHHA! Date huh? One thing though, please don't show her condom-kun or she'll get scared LOOLL it's the most hideous cross-eyed little cartoon I've ever seen hahahahaha. Thanks for the frequent posts patito. It's really nice of you to share your "misadventures" with us xxox.
    About that date, I hope it's not with your speaking partner. Is it with a Japanese girl or the with the girl from Colorado? Also, that Mexican dude should be fun to hang out with come onnn!! Unless he's a snobby little nerd... I have a feeling he could be a fun partner in crime and wouldn't that be fun given that you must live with him for 4 months! I sure am expecting pictures of the campus, the ones on the pamphlets you showed me here were beautiful and I can't wait to see more with you on them :D.

    I'll be back for more soon! ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed dude, what is this you not giving us details about that date :P XD

    It's amazing still so far !! lol just make sure you don't get a 5-year contract with your phone lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can't i just simply write my name in the little "comment as" box. BLEAH. B is Stefan, I supose.

    ReplyDelete